It is important to make sure your playgroup has adequate insurance protection. Consider your playgroup's responsibility to its members, volunteers and the public. Members of an uninsured playgroup risk being sued for large amounts of money.
Family Membership comes with comprehensive playgroup insurance through the Victorian Managed Insurance Authority (VMIA) if all families attending the playgroup are current members.
This comprehensive cover for playgroups includes through VMIA:
- personal liability - (when engaging in playgroup activities on behalf of the playgroup)
- public liability (including members to member liability)
- personal accident for volunteers
- incidental costs related to personal accident
- directors and officers liability
- permanent injury
- playgroup cash (volunteers).
Who is covered?
The insurance component of Family Membership covers playgroup-aged children from one family and the parent or caregiver who accompanies them. One Family Membership also covers:
- Nannies and Family Day Carers with up to four playgroup- aged children
- Grandparents with their playgroup-aged grandchildren
- Playgroup volunteers who do not bring a child
For a playgroup to have full comprehensive insurance cover it is a requirement that all families attending be current members.
To get the ball rolling, please complete an incident report and either return it to Playgroup Victoria Membership Manager Nancy-lee Merzel at 346 Albert St, Brunswick 3056 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For insurance claims call VMIA on 9270 6900 or download a claim form here
For membership payments or information call 1800 171 882.
A generic Certificate of Currency is provided on request. For details call 1800 171 882.