Best practice playgroups
An Australian Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs funded project in 2002 investigated best practice in playgroups throughout Australia.
It found that best practice playgroups shared some common features.
- Participants build friendships and social supports
- Children learn and developed through play
- Everyone takes responsibility and worked together
- The playgroup provides a safe and supportive environment and
- Adults exchange ideas and shared parenting experiences
Playgroup Victoria has developed a training course based on these five features of best practice playgroups.